National Leaders of Governance (NLGs)
NLGs focus on developing leadership capacity. They offer support to chairs of governors sometimes in liaison with NLEs. This may include schools/academies:
- with an Ofsted or local authority category – or at risk of going into one
- where attainment is below the current minimum standards set by the government
- in transition to academy status
- where the chair of governors is new
- where working practices for a chair, headteacher or leadership group need developing
Identifying and capturing Governance Improvement in SSIF Bids
In order to identify and capture Governance Improvement in SSIF Bids, those who are involved in submitting a bid are to consider whether there is any work to be undertaken with Governing Boards. It is important that all improvement work is sustainable beyond the interventions funded through SSIF. The ability of Governors to monitor the improvement and track impact is key to ongoing improvement in the school.
If you need any advice or support in scoping support to Governors please contact Jane Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local NLG Area Co-ordinators.
We have recently recruited Area Based NLG Coordinators across the EMSYH region. This will provide a mechanism for linking to Local Hubs. Information on NLG Area Coordinators can be found below;
EMSYH Regional Goverance Champion
NLG Area Coordinators