Women Leading in Education Network and Coaching Pledge events
- South Yorkshire Event
Date: 21st November 2018
Venue: Room 12.6.13, Charles Street Building, Sheffield Hallam University.
- Teleconference call to support further matching for coaching pledge members on Wednesday 28th November at 4:00pm (duration 1 hour)
The Wipro Teacher Fellow and Teacher Mentor Programme
Collaboration, enquiry, innovation and trust:
Professional learning for teachers of STEM subjects
The Wipro Teacher Fellow and Teacher Mentor Programme is an evidence-based, individualised programme of professional learning designed to improve teachers’ confidence, motivation and capability.
Over 18-24 months, Teacher Fellows will collaborate with expert colleagues, Wipro Teacher Mentors and each other to:
- improve their subject and pedagogical knowledge
- develop, trial and evaluate innovative ways of teaching their subject
- deepen their understanding of teaching through curriculum development and research
- carry out a long-term enquiry into their practice, with optional accreditation at MA level.
The schools of all Fellows receive a bursary of £3400 to support their participation.
Wipro Teacher Mentors (expert, experienced teachers of STEM subjects from local schools) will support the Teacher Fellows throughout the programme. Mentors will be supported through their own bespoke programme of professional development and will also have the option to carry out a long-term enquiry into their practice with accreditation at MA level. For Mentors, bursary payments will vary depending on the number of Fellows they work with: £600 for participation in the Mentor training programme and around £1,500 per Fellow. There are no restrictions on how this funding can be spent.